Trigun Bookclub By Volume
Trigun: Volume 1 | Volume 2
Trigun Maximum: Volume 1 | Volume 2 | Volume 3 | Volume 4 | Volume 5 | Volume 6 | Volume 7 | Volume 8 | Volume 9 | Volume 10 | Volume 11 | Volume 12 | Volume 13 | Volume 14 | General Commentary
Trigun Bookclub By Member: alena-reblobs | aluvian | annaofaza | anxiety-elemental-kay | caffeinefire | deludedfantasy | discount-kirishima | domfock | dravencore | eilwen | fifthmooon | hashtagcaneven | hikennosabo | iwritenarrativesandstuff | lizkreates | makima-s-most-smile | merylstryfestan | mydetheturk | namijira | needle-noggins | nepentheisms | nihil-ghost | ocelaw | pancake-breakfast | rainbow-pop-arts | retrodaft | revenantghost | sunday-12-25 | the-nysh | weirdcat1213
Original Tumblr Post: Covers + Extras
Trigun Volume 2 Covers
- The cover for this volume is so pretty, what with the plant all coming out of Vash’s gun there…. Pretty and strange and kinda disturbing.
- I wonder what’s in those jars floating around the hairy-legged plant man thing. Are they even jars? Blood bags? Hard to say.
- Hey! Wolfwood’s on the back cover! WOLFWOOD IS ON THE BACK COVER!!!
- Also, Legato Bluesummers. Shit.
- Aaaand there’s a blow-up doll on the fake back cover. Because why not.
- There are a LOT of familiar faces on the back of the Japanese Volume 3 cover. I don’t like it. They mean bad things are coming.
- Ok, Legato’s getting eaten by a shark on the fake version of it, though, and I think that’s hilarious.
- BUT NOT AS HILARIOUS AS MERMAID WOLFWOOD’S SEASHELLS AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I’M DYING!!!! Nightow’s obsession with this man’s tits confirmed.
Extra 1: Day In Day Out
- Ooh, a glimpse into the daily life of Mr. The Stampede? Why do I suspect donuts are part of it?
- I’m gonna be honest; I did NOT peg Vash as an early riser. Then again, it might be important if you’re on the run all the time.
- LOL, I remember him not being very good at meditation.
- I’m imagining that egg is hard-boiled. Or hollow. Like, this is still a good trick. No need to waste breakfast on it if it fails, though.
- Three HOURS?? Dang, no wonder the guy’s got skills. I can’t do much of anything before breakfast.
- Oh, fine. I guess it was a raw egg.
- LOL, “John P. Smith.” The most boring alias he could come up with. I wonder what the P stands for. Pseudonym, perhaps?
- Psh, Vash can be plenty sneaky. But only in fights. Or when fleeing insurance agents.
- Serious Vash expression! I seriously love all his expressions.
- Gambling at chess. Ok, man. Whatever floats your boat.
- LOL, he lost all his money. I take it back; he needs a new hobby.
- Yeah, he’s definitely letting the kids get him. As we see with how fast he switches to being the person in power when the motorcycle comes through.
- Funny how much trouble one can stay out of by simply foregoing revenge.
- Vash would like oldies….
- Ew, this bike guy’s kinda creepy.
- “Sonic Sodom.” Yyyyyeeeeaaaahhh, that’s not exactly a name that inspires trust.
- I love the irony in this panel. They’re talking about how dangerous Vash is while he’s (apparently) being taken down by a small child.
- Dude. Who fires a gun to get people to shut up like that?! Rude.
- LOL, the bleeping.
- Props to this lady. She’s like, “I don’t care who you are. If you’re gonna come in here, shoot things up willy-nilly, make threats, and swear at us, then you take your ass elsewhere.” Like, this happens after this guy does all these things. Mad props.
- They bleeped out all that stuff, but he still calls her a bitch….
- Hahahaha, that’s a wonderful way to take care of the issue. Good job, Vash!
Extra 2: Pilot
(Fair warning: I’m in a Mood as I write this due to some real life stuff, so apologies if it’s overly vague or anything.)
- Post-Hiroshima environment?? Damn.
- Heck, I’d take two years of food as a form of payment….
- Ahhhhh, this jacket! It lacks the sexy leg slits, but I still love it.
Also it still somehow manages to show off his waist.And throwing the Love and Peace fingers with his clearly mechanical hand!
- I’m in love with this first line. “We fell from the sky like droplets of rain.” Poetry. MAJOR props to @trigun-manga-overhaul for their choices in both flow and rhythm for the words.
- The second sentence is a lovely contrast, what with the rain versus the sun. But also a lovely parallel, as both images are destructive.
- Covering a few additional elements here: metal, wind, sand/earth.
- He can’t ever escape being surrounded by graves, can he? Babygirl here needs a break. I love how small he is relative to the field of death.
- HEY. The right alcoholic drinks are GREAT with ice!
- Oh, shoot. I recognize this story from ’98.
- LOL, look at him go. This was my favorite Vash entrance in all of ’98. It’s very memorable. I hope Johnny Yong Bosch had a blast doing the voiceover for it.
- He’s just dancing away from the bullets, as if it’s all just luck.
- LOL, three guns. It’s Trigun!
- Goshdarn stupid flip-up glasses….
- I love how quick his reaction goes from this (Seriously, what is he, a teenager??)…
- Psh, as if Vash the Stampede needs a measly pistol to wreak havoc.
- Ah, the return of lecherous Vash. NGL, was kinda hoping that moment was an anime-only. Though they really took it and ran with it, though, didn’t they?
- You don’t get to say, “That’s no way to treat a lady!” to others when you were just looking up her skirt.
- LOL, I love her response here. Perfect.
- Huh. Something tells me these guys are after a bit more than a rich guy’s “pocket money.” Is it the fact that one of them shoved a gun in the daughter’s mouth? Could be. Could be….
- Distracting table-crash provided by… Vash the Stampede. I told you he didn’t need a gun to wreak havoc.
Though of course the whole incident gave the guy’s friends time to restrain him and get him away from the girl before he did anything rash.
- Look at him. He’s just a little guy….
- Vash, not taking any chances. Distraction might not be enough. Use Advanced Projectile Gum Technique!
- This sure is a colorful cast of characters….
- I’m just saying, they don’t really seem like the type of folks the sheriff should have on speed dial.
- I love how pissed off Vash looks as they’re talking about how he’ll kill them all if he shows up. This is the face of a man who’s had it with your lies and slander.
- Dude, the rich guy was like, “Just so long as my daughter lives,” and the sheriff was like, “They’ll do the job so long as you pay upfront,” but girl’s gonna get taken down in the crossfire.
- Or, she would if Mr. The Stampede wasn’t there.
- The girl is physically ok, but mentally, she’ll be scarred forever. That’s some Hellsing/AoT-levels of, “This character is definitely dead.”
- Aaaand three panels later, Vash realizes he forgot to continue pretending to be tied up and tries to remedy the situation.
- Bossman here (I mean the gang leader, not the actual character named Bostalk) was already suspicious of Vash. Now he’s extra-suspicious.
- Somehow, Vash revealing his identity has not made the Bossman less suspicious.
- Vash, the multi-talented. He can fight and preach at the same time.
- Oh, so the field of graves at the beginning isn’t Vash’s fault somehow. That’s… good.
- I mean, dear old dad might care a lot for his daughter, but he clearly stated he didn’t give a shit about the lives of anyone else in the building.
- Vash is disappointed in Bossman’s life choices.
- BTW, Vash’s hair in this whole chapter just makes me think of thistle flowers.
- Yes. Refusing to do so just leads to more cruelty.
- Vash just let the guy shoot the man, huh?
- Oh, he’s not happy about it.
- Ah, yes. There’s the greedy sheriff I remember!
- This sheriff mentioned his hired help didn’t think anything of taking human lives, but it seems they’re not the only ones.
- Oh, no. Sheriff triggered Angry Vash.
- Not really sure what happened in this panel save that Vash was at the center of a bunch of destruction. Again.
- Ah, gun arm. I thought it might be gun arm. I couldn’t remember.
- I love the sheriff’s expression here. Like, he literally has his own gun to Vash’s face, and he’s effing terrified.
- Vash, dodging bullets again.
- WTF, he shot him right in the badge. Talk about insult and injury. My boy knows what he’s doing.
- LOVE AND PEACE!!!
- Hahahaha, everyone else just looks sooooo confused. Hopefully, they’ll get it someday.