Trigun Bookclub By Volume
Trigun: Volume 1 | Volume 2
Trigun Maximum: Volume 1 | Volume 2 | Volume 3 | Volume 4 | Volume 5 | Volume 6 | Volume 7 | Volume 8 | Volume 9 | Volume 10 | Volume 11 | Volume 12 | Volume 13 | Volume 14 | General Commentary
Trigun Bookclub By Member: alena-reblobs | aluvian | annaofaza | anxiety-elemental-kay | caffeinefire | deludedfantasy | discount-kirishima | domfock | dravencore | eilwen | fifthmooon | hashtagcaneven | hikennosabo | iwritenarrativesandstuff | lizkreates | makima-s-most-smile | merylstryfestan | mydetheturk | namijira | needle-noggins | nepentheisms | nihil-ghost | ocelaw | pancake-breakfast | rainbow-pop-arts | retrodaft | revenantghost | sunday-12-25 | the-nysh | weirdcat1213
Original Trigun Post: Chapter 5-6
I’ve been neglecting Tumblr as a whole this weekend as I burn through costume-making, but I think I can keep up with Trigun Book Club!
Stream-of-consciousness thoughts for Trigun Vol. 2, Chapters 5-6 below.
Chapter 5: Murder Café
CW: Sexual assault, human trafficking
- This title sounds like a place I’d either really want to eat at or never want to eat at.
- It’s interesting to see what they did and didn’t keep of the city design in Stampede.
- Even yandere emo boys have to eat sometimes.
- The heck? Is this woman barefoot?? Why would anyone be barefoot out there??? Oh. Oh, shit. Are we gonna get into that aspect of the story already???
- Yyyyup. Well, dang. These men chose the wrong bar to stumble into. I know a few things about yandere emo boys and there’s a thing or two they’re a bit sensitive about….
- If your SO ever, EVER slaps you to the floor while screaming at you for looking at someone else, even if it’s not in public, get help and get out of there. I realize these guys aren’t these women’s significant anything, but that’s not the point. Or maybe it is. They are the kind of people who would treat another human being this way. They are not people who love these women.
- Dude. This shit is blaming Legato for being too pretty and making these women feel bad that they’ll never have a handsome man like him while bragging about assaulting them in the same breath. WTH???
- Everyone else in the bar wants to take these guys down, but they’re big and powerful and intimidating, making it pretty impossible for the average person.
- Ok, but this panel of chibi Legato just… chewing away. At this rate I’m gonna add him to my collection.
And then shove him in a box and throw him in the bottom of the sea.
- I wonder if this guy meant to hit Legato’s fork or if it was just a lucky shot. Also, what kind of grip does this man have that he was able to keep ahold of his fork while it was shot in two?!?!
- Huh, he was going to let them go about their business, confident they’d get theirs. But they done overstepped now.
- He says it like a command, as if they have any control over the matter once he’s in play.
- Nice and traumatic for all involved. Good… good….
- I’m impressed these guys are standing their ground after that display. We’re gonna assume they’re so scared that whatever sense they had has left their stupid heads.
- Current favorite angry Legato face:
- Just in case being kidnapped and raped by slavers wasn’t already the most traumatic thing to happen to these women….
- Honestly, it’s good and important to see this bit of humanity from Legato, even if it makes for a much more muddy morality in the story overall. Maybe particularly because it makes for a much more muddy morality overall.
- Dude, for his arm to be at this angle, he’s gotta have CLAMP-in-their-Tsubasa-Chronicle-xxxHolic-era proportions.
- I wonder how Vash would have handled this situation had he been there instead. Surely Vash isn’t unaware that this sort of stuff happens in this world….
Chapter 6: A Gathering of Demons
CW: Human trafficking
- So much sand….
- I love how, in this story, our primary windows into the world are Milly and Meryl. Like, they’re characters in their own right, but they’re also the closest thing we have to an Everyman through which we interact with the story.
- Yeah, Vash is probably on hyper-alert for now because of the Gung-Ho Guns. Constantly concerned about the safety of everyone around him.
- That reminds me, I should retrieve my tea from the kitchen. (It’s jasmine, if you’re curious.)
- GoshDARNIT, Legato! You’re not supposed to be flattered and happy when people announce they’re gonna hunt you!
- He’s just a silly, happy boy.
- Heh. Foreshadowing.
- YUS YUS YUS MY BOI WOLFWOOD IS HEEEEEEERE!!!
- Soooo many things I could say here and I will say none of them. Instead, let’s all just appreciate how much the bus driver here looks like a hippie straight from 1960’s Berkeley.
- I’m impressed they managed to get that thing on the roof of the van.
- LOL, Wolfwood’s response to people calling him out for being a frumpy, shady guy….
- Awww, cute Vash face!
- I love everything about their meeting here.
- It’s interesting that WW quickly notes how much Vash fits the description on his posters when Monev was quick to say Vash looked nothing like the description of him.
- I do like the introduction ’98 gave them, though, with Vash inventing a crazy name for himself and then Milly casually dropping the whole “Vash the Stampede” bit.
- Vash looks very unsure of WW here. Resigned, but unsure.
- The slavers are gonna try to do what to whom? Hahahahahahaha GL
- Speak of the devil….
- Who the hell is he talking to??
- Yeah, this wasn’t gonna end well for them….
- THE PORTABLE CONFESSIONAL!!! Gods, I hope this thing shows up in Stampede. It’s the dumbest thing, but it’s also beautiful. Especially the way WW just SHOVES it on people’s heads.
- WW’s introduction is great. Is he a genuine sweetheart or is he a conman? Both??
- WW can’t not melt at kids, can he?
- Dude, they’ve been hanging out for… what, a few hours? And already WW is reading Vash like a book.
- This pose looks… uncomfortable.
- Hahahahahaha, he’s stuck in it.
- Gods, that’s a freaking MOUNTAIN of bodies.
He should compare it with the one Erwin Smith has.
- Ok, I kind of love how Legato handles these guys. He’s like, “Oh, so you want to make a profit selling people? How about I kill half of you so you can make a profit off the organs of people you might actually give a shit about? Get fucked, scumbag.”
- Oh. THAT’S where the chapter title comes from. Hi, everyone!