Trigun Bookclub By Volume
Trigun: Volume 1 | Volume 2
Trigun Maximum: Volume 1 | Volume 2 | Volume 3 | Volume 4 | Volume 5 | Volume 6 | Volume 7 | Volume 8 | Volume 9 | Volume 10 | Volume 11 | Volume 12 | Volume 13 | Volume 14 | General Commentary
Trigun Bookclub By Member: alena-reblobs | aluvian | annaofaza | anxiety-elemental-kay | caffeinefire | deludedfantasy | discount-kirishima | domfock | dravencore | eilwen | fifthmooon | hashtagcaneven | hikennosabo | iwritenarrativesandstuff | lizkreates | makima-s-most-smile | merylstryfestan | mydetheturk | namijira | needle-noggins | nepentheisms | nihil-ghost | ocelaw | pancake-breakfast | rainbow-pop-arts | retrodaft | revenantghost | sunday-12-25 | the-nysh | weirdcat1213
Original Tumblr Post: Covers + Chapter 1-2
It’s late and I’m tired, but I want to at least try to get ahead of some of the chapter spoilers now that we’re really getting past what I know (save a couple Big Important Moments).
Stream-of-consciousness thoughts for TriMax Vol. 5, Chapters 1-2 below.
TriMax Volume 5 Covers
- Oooh, electric feather Vash! On the one hand, I’m excited because I love the way he looks when he goes all uncanny. On the other hand, I hate what it will likely take for him to get there. I mean, the last time something like this happened was Fifth Moon, so….
- Hahahahaha, baseball AU! I’m just gonna note it looks like Vash is pitching here.
- LOLLLL Legato is such a little gremlin on the back cover!
- “Just when you thought this series had reached its most feverish pitch….” Joke’s on you; I know there are nine more volumes so we’re nowhere near the “most feverish pitch.”
- More baseball AU for the back cover, which shows us that while Vash might be a pitcher, he’s apparently not a very good one. (Or maybe he’s actually excellent since he got headshots on everyone, but maybe he’s not playing the game the way everyone wants him to, which TBF is a very Vash thing to do.)
Chapter 1: The City, And Then The Feast Of The Hounds
- Ugh, that cover shot with Vash with his arms crossed. Just… Ugh. It’s so beautiful.
- LOL, the shop vendor thinking Vash is in showbusiness because of his flashy coat. And Vash is just like, “Yep, that’s right!”
- WAIT A SECOND. How did we get here? Where is “here”? Why isn’t everyone shooting at them? Where did Midvalley go? Wait. WAIT. Is this… JULY?!?!?!
- KNEE TO THE FACE!!!
- Awww, he’s so happy! Also, bonus cats!
- WTF, did Vash join a kids’ street gang? He totally did, didn’t he? And he’s trying to feed them healthy food to take care of them in his particular Vash way.
- Ah, stolen away to be someone else’s lackey….
- Dammit, it is July. I was kinda hoping it was gonna be a happier memory. For Vash’s sake.
- Then he remembers all of them. All of them. And knows that, on some level, they’re dead because of him.
- Count Vasquez? That’s a name we haven’t heard since, like, Volume 1, Chapter 1, page 1, yeah? The guy Vash is wanted for apparently killing?
- Hang on, I’m just gonna revel in his fully blond hair for a moment. (Note to Self: Color this panel when it’s not an ungodly hour.)
- Vash is an unusual name.
- Oh, my babygirl….
- Oof, in the middle of his breakdown, he remembers Meryl. For now, he’s got to keep going for Meryl. This is actually a very good technique for getting through suicidal ideation. I don’t know that Vash currently has the strength and vision to keep his goal of Knives in sight, but Meryl is immediate. She was just here, and now she’s not, but she’s very, very close. He can worry about what comes next after she’s safe. But first he has to get her safe. Small goals first.
- Meryl… probably has a lot on her mind right now, TBF.
- You know, I’m impressed. That’s probably the least traumatic way Zazie could have spit thousands of worms. Hooray for Nightow feeling lazy?
- Zazie’s worm sense is tingling again.
- Oop, someone brought the Raid.
- WTF how did Zazie lose a hand here??!
- Ok, I really don’t know what’s going on with Zazie. Did they… overtax themself a bit?? Are they injured because worms were injured? Are their senses just too disjointed???
- Ohhhh, it was Midvalley. He’s not so keen on whatever Zazie’s trying to do.
- Is Hoppered just… wearing Zazie’s other hand around his throat for now? Zazie might need that. Might.
- Midvalley has the magic of the music.
- Aww, Meryl! You can do it, girl!
Chapter 2: Breakout
- Ah, this must be proto-Hoppered. He’s just a little guy….
- They’re being so rude to him, too!
- Oof, the barkeep wants to help, but doesn’t know how to balance this. And, of course, Hoppered is the one who pays for it.
- Good for Hoppered. And for once, we get the tiniest glimpse of his actual face.
- Looks like the guy’s alright, after all. And maybe didn’t even mean harm?
- Dude, you don’t know what their relationship is. Don’t be so quick to judge just because Hoppered isn’t like other people.
- He wants to touch her, but doesn’t.
- Uhhhh, what’s he getting injected into him??
- Midvalley sure has a lot of faith in his partner here.
- Eyyyyy, our boi is back!
- I dunno, he might be able to see. But Midvalley’s definitely raising a legitimate question. How did Wolfwood make it this far?
- Midvalley: “Don’t make a sound.” Wolfwood: *immediately crunches something under his foot*
- You’re almost there, Vash! Be careful!
- Meryl warns him. I wonder if he knew. Then again, babygirl is very prone to rushing headlong into things to save people, so I’m pretty sure the warning was important.
- There are no sound effects on this panel and yet I can still hear it.
- I dunno if it’s safe to be that close to Midvalley, especially when he’s got his weapon primed.
- Boy’s seriously gonna bust a vein here.
- AAAAAAAHHHHH MILLY!!!! And Wolfwood wanted to leave her behind….
- Hoppered unmasked!
- LOL, I know the floor’s at an angle, but Wolfwood and Midvalley look like ballet dancers here.
- Goshdarnit, now I have to leave it on a cliffhanger!