Trigun Bookclub By Volume
Trigun: Volume 1 | Volume 2
Trigun Maximum: Volume 1 | Volume 2 | Volume 3 | Volume 4 | Volume 5 | Volume 6 | Volume 7 | Volume 8 | Volume 9 | Volume 10 | Volume 11 | Volume 12 | Volume 13 | Volume 14 | General Commentary
Trigun Bookclub By Member: alena-reblobs | aluvian | annaofaza | anxiety-elemental-kay | caffeinefire | deludedfantasy | discount-kirishima | domfock | dravencore | eilwen | fifthmooon | hashtagcaneven | hikennosabo | iwritenarrativesandstuff | lizkreates | makima-s-most-smile | merylstryfestan | mydetheturk | namijira | needle-noggins | nepentheisms | nihil-ghost | ocelaw | pancake-breakfast | rainbow-pop-arts | retrodaft | revenantghost | sunday-12-25 | the-nysh | weirdcat1213
Original Tumblr Post: Chapter 3-5
Ooooh, I’m actually trying to get ahead of the game this week! Look at me goooooo!!!
Stream-of-consciousness thoughts for TriMax Vol. 4, Chapters 3-5 below.
Chapter 3: Bottom of the Dark
- Meryl title page! Hooray!
- LOLOLOL, didn’t these boys just get out of the hospital?? Now they’re back in for, what, dehydration??? Shouldn’t have snuck off without the girls.
- Are the girls eating steam buns? Steam buns are awesome! But a pain to cook in hot weather.
- Looks like they’re sorting through their own things.
- GIANT HAND!!! Noooooooo
- Dude. This fake big-hands man is a creep. He needs to let Chun-Li go.
- Ohhhh, he’s doing that thing they do where they add weird suffixes to their speech. SIGH. English speakers don’t understand these things.
- THIRTEENTH!??!? What happened to the other 12??? Fly up into heaven??? What, does he throw them in the sky???
- Stun-Gun Milly, here to save the day!
- And Meryl as backup!
- She is very tiny. It’s unfortunate they’re in a world where her being small makes such a defense a necessity… but it’s also a nice parallel to her character. Small, but sufficient for the task at hand. Maybe even more than sufficient.
- Yup, it’s Zazie!
- AJL:FJ:LALJ:DSF:H:KJh:LKASJ WHYYYYY IS ZAZIE LIKE THIS?!?!?! D: D: D: Friggin… 15,000 worms in a meat suit…. *shudder shudder shudder*
- LOL, the boys both look like they’ve checked themselves out of hospitals AMA before and aren’t too thrilled about being caught this time.
- Vash, just giving away their money so they can leave. TBH, not a bad plan considering how inadvisable him lingering anywhere is.
- Heh, Vash is calling Wolfwood out again. He trusts the girls. Even if it might make the situation a bit tricky. They’re more resourceful than they look and he knows it.
- Ugh, he’s so lonely and so grateful that they care about him enough to stick with him. And Wolfwood here sounds like his overly cautious wife.
- Midvalley and Hoppered, having a heart-to-heart. I’m starting to see why they get along so well.
- Ohhhh, Hoppered has a beef with Vash.
- Unsubtle metaphors about walking into darkness. I’ll allow it.
- The worms really are pretty at night.
- Did Meryl just get abducted by worms?!?!
Chapter 4: Den of Evil
- Milly title page! Always good to see more of the girls!
- Milly found the boys.
- Oh, no! Someone take care of her!
- Dang, Stampede just straight up took that elevator inspiration from here, didn’t they?
- Mmm, delicious delicious worms.
- Hahahahaha, Zazie doesn’t understand “hostage.” Zazie understands “bait.”
- Vash the Stampede’s followers? Rude. Just because she’s literally following him doesn’t mean she deserves so distant a title.
- Props to Meryl. She has this twisted monster looming over her, a weird worm-controlling kidnaper, and a shady man in a fancy suit all surrounding her, and what does she do? She starts DEMANDING ANSWERS from them. This woman has a serious pair.
- Awww, Milly is soooo upset. They’re keeping guard on her while she’s supposed to be sleeping, but she’s just can’t manage it.
- Zazie, creeping outside of windows….
- Vash doesn’t even wait to hear the other side of Zazie’s deal.
- Gods, they are such dorks.
- That’s one big worm.
- I don’t know what the Japanese characters are for ryutsu or juukei in the original here, but I just want to note that one possible definition for “juukei” is “execution by firing squad.” (No, I didn’t know that off the top of my head. I got curious and looked it up.)
- All these imposing city shots, and then at the bottom, Vash and Wolfwood.
- Not great. That means there are more hostages here than just Meryl.
- Lower and upper class crammed together means something went wrong.
- Milly may not have been featured in the shot above, but she’s tagging along, too!
- Wolfwood’s looking forward to a bit of murder today, I see.
- Hahahahaha, <3 Milly. She will not be sidelined. Her and Wolfwood are giving Vash a headache. Personally, I have mixed feelings on the matter. Like, Milly is super-competent, and this is important to her, but if they spend more time protecting her than rescuing Meryl, it’s worse than useless for her to come along.
- Holy hell. Did not expect girl to pull her gun on Wolfwood.
- Vash has a point. Leaving her behind does not, in fact, guarantee her safety here.
- Hoppered, that looks painful. Your body looks painful. See a better chiropractor, please.
Chapter 5: Wild Crying Bullet
- Three? I thought there were… hmmm… *goes back to check* Ok, so: – Monev the Gale (1) and E.G. Mine (2) went down before they made it to Jenora Rock. – Dominique the Cyclops (3) went down right before Fifth Moon. – After Fifth Moon, they ran into Rai-Dai (4), then Leonov the Puppetmaster (5) and Gray the Ninelives (6). – Then we have Zazie the Beast (7), Midvalley the Hornfreak (8), and Hoppered the Gauntlet (9) here right now. – And we have Wolfwood (10). That means we’re missing two out of the 12. So there’s a good chance that either Wolfwood doesn’t know about the other two, or they were brought in after Wolfwood was sent out. Wolfwood’s not an idiot, but it’s not like he was privy to Livio’s conversation with Vash about there being 12 coins. I suppose one could assume Livio and Knives are the last of those 12, but the way the coins are presented implies both those two are exempt from Gung-Ho Gun status.
Also, those who’ve watched Stampede might be able to take a guess at who we’re missing.
- Oooof, Midvalley’s gonna be a rough fight.
- Hoppered might be a bullet, but Vash is a gun. Hehehehehehhhh…
- Heh, Wolfwood can’t call anyone by their actual name.
- He looks genuinely concerned when he catches sight of Midvalley.
- Epic Midvalley shot.
- Oh, no. Wolfie, that’s gotta hurt…
- Not good. Wolfwood’s already down.
- Vash knows.
- ?? Hoppered is just… giving him the coins? Who is the second coin from? Midvalley??
- Oh, no, Milly! Get it together, girl! You can do it!
- Yeah, Vash was never very keen on Legato’s weird fetch quest.
- AAAAHHHHH, EPIC WOLFWOOD SHOT!!! OUR BOY’S NOT DOWN YET!!!!
- (When I talk about trying to gnaw off my own limb over fandom stuff, that two-page spread above is basically what my heart looks like.)
- Heh, Midvalley didn’t expect this.
- I honestly don’t know how Hoppered concluded that Vash is enjoying what he’s doing right now. He’s mostly looks focused and angry to me.
- LOL, Zazie just chilling, watching the fireworks.
- Oddly, Meryl is probably in the safest place she could be right now.
- Meryl is getting caught up on Vash lore.
- Oh, no. News that Knives is nearby is very not good.
- Yusssss, gives us the exposition, Zazie!!! Next time, I mean. I’m good for tonight.