Trigun Bookclub By Volume
Trigun: Volume 1 | Volume 2
Trigun Maximum: Volume 1 | Volume 2 | Volume 3 | Volume 4 | Volume 5 | Volume 6 | Volume 7 | Volume 8 | Volume 9 | Volume 10 | Volume 11 | Volume 12 | Volume 13 | Volume 14 | General Commentary
Trigun Bookclub By Member: alena-reblobs | aluvian | annaofaza | anxiety-elemental-kay | caffeinefire | deludedfantasy | discount-kirishima | domfock | dravencore | eilwen | fifthmooon | hashtagcaneven | hikennosabo | iwritenarrativesandstuff | lizkreates | makima-s-most-smile | merylstryfestan | mydetheturk | namijira | needle-noggins | nepentheisms | nihil-ghost | ocelaw | pancake-breakfast | rainbow-pop-arts | retrodaft | revenantghost | sunday-12-25 | the-nysh | weirdcat1213
Original Tumblr Post: Covers + Chapter 1-3
These last volumes have so many chapters. But they’re relatively short.
It’s hard to think there’s only two weeks left.
Stream-of-consciousness thoughts for TriMax Vol. 13, Chapters 1-3 below.
Volume 13 Covers
- Ugh, Vash is in too much shadows here. But look at Livio! He looks happy! Is it because he’s losing part of his shirt again? I don’t think this boy likes shirts.
- Aaand everyone’s plans have bee thwarted by a friendly octopus. He has that many arms so he can give more hugs!
- Shout out to pirate Livio’s new and improved fish gun.
- Everyone on the back cover’s got weird eyes for some reason.
- I like how only Elendira gets to keep her shape on the back cover. She’s ready to be a dashing pirate.
- Why is one of the chapters called “Black”? WHY IS ONE OF THE CHAPTERS CALLED BLACK?!?!
Chapter 1: False Mirror
- Oooh, fancy Legato vs. Vash page. I like it.
- Ey, it’s naked, long-haired Knives again. Been a while since we’ve seen him.
- Definitely Legato thoughts. I guess that day made a bit of an impression on him. Can’t imagine why.
- Man, this is why Legato wears them big-ass shoulder pads. If I had his history, I’d obscure my actual figure, too.
- It sure is in character for Knives not to realize the value of the humans around him.
- Gods, Vash looks both desperate and exhausted.
- Aaaand Legato’s fucking with him.
- Holy crap, Legato actually asked Knives about killing Vash to his face??
- Gods, Knives is absolutely yawning here for show. He’s putting work into trying to make Legato feel like he means nothing to him.
- Oh, Legato… baby boy…. You were never going to win Knives’ affection by proving you could beat Vash in a fight.
- Oof, he sees himself in Vash. I don’t even think he’s wrong. Vash feels like he’s lost everything, that even what still remains, he’s doomed to lose if only by the slow march of time.
- I make a lot of comments about Legato’s unhinged smiles, but I really like his pensive looks, too. I think he’s one of the more expressive characters in the series.
- I mean, if you want to get technical, he didn’t kill so many of them so much as he happened to be more or less present at their death.
- I’m curious how this coin holder is tied to a “prize” or a “gift” of some sort.
- So… this isn’t really a game to Legato. It’s not even a test for Vash. It’s a test for himself. He just can’t shake the idea that if he can utterly crush Vash, he’ll take Vash’s spot before Knives. Gods, this little yandere…. The world doesn’t work like that. Knives doesn’t work like that.
- All the Gung-Ho Guns he went through, and again, we have the mask side of Livio and a suspicious lack of Wolfwood. Even Chapel doesn’t appear this time.
Chapter 2: Double Duel
- I’m not quite sure what Vash is getting worked up about here. Perhaps he thinks Legato is making too much light of all the deaths of the Gung-Ho Guns?
- Legato is not impressed by Vash’s threat. He wants him to follow through or not bother.
- I’m continually impressed by people’s ability to apparently clearly talk around having the barrel of a gun in their mouth.
- I’m honestly not sure what all is happening here. How did Vash get on the ground? What’s happening with Legato’s right arm? What’s up with the pole on a chain? I guess Legato is moving the pole on a chain? It’s too big to be reflected by the box he gave Vash, so maybe that’s where he’s putting his effort?
- Well, he spat out the gun. Now he has pole.
- Ah I thought I remembered it being attached to the weird boobed spiky ball thing. There’s a name for this kind of weapon but I have a headache so I’m not looking it up right now. Generally, it doesn’t have a humanoid attachment. It’s just a spiky ball on a chain.
- Heh, this is them getting their own back-to-back.
- Yeah, Livio is hard to kill, thankfully.
- Clearly, that’s not gonna stop her from trying.
- Ahhhhh!! It’s good to see Livio comfortable with himself. It’s easy to mistake him for a brute, but he has enough talent that, while Chapel didn’t expect him to win, he did expect L/R to give Wolfwood a hard time.
- Ahahahahaha, he’s so cute here.
Chapter 3: Corpse Fire
- It’s ok, these people don’t really have a concept of interstellar travel, so it’s not like they have a formalized system for space ships landing.
- I think Chronica’s a bit desperate. And hurt. She definitely didn’t take the loss of Domina lightly.
- Legato, my boy, now you’re just being dramatic. I mean, I know that’s how you are… but Vash has never been keen on theatrics in the name of violence.
- DON’T LICK THAT IT’S ON THE GROUND IT’S DIRTY EWW
- I don’t think Vash believes in things like “dying in a blaze of glory.” I think he sees death as death, and that’s kinda it.
- LEGATO!!! This is NOT about who is “best!” KNIVES. DOES NOT. CARE.
- Oh, honey. If it weren’t for Vash, humanity probably wouldn’t have lasted long enough for you to be born. I realize you probably wouldn’t see that as a bad thing, so let me further note that if you had, he wouldn’t have accepted you any more. He might have discarded you already because he wouldn’t need your help wearing Vash down.
- What the eff is this thing?! Now it’s full of machine guns?!?
- Hahahaha, Livio’s trying to call a time out in the middle of the fight.
- Ok, that’s some impressive dodging.
- I like how Livio is more annoyed at Elendira than he is mad that she’s still shooting at him after he called for a time out.
- Livio <3 Love how annoyed Elendira looks that she’s been had, too.