Trigun Bookclub By Volume
Trigun: Volume 1 | Volume 2
Trigun Maximum: Volume 1 | Volume 2 | Volume 3 | Volume 4 | Volume 5 | Volume 6 | Volume 7 | Volume 8 | Volume 9 | Volume 10 | Volume 11 | Volume 12 | Volume 13 | Volume 14 | General Commentary
Trigun Bookclub By Member: alena-reblobs | aluvian | annaofaza | anxiety-elemental-kay | caffeinefire | deludedfantasy | discount-kirishima | domfock | dravencore | eilwen | fifthmooon | hashtagcaneven | hikennosabo | iwritenarrativesandstuff | lizkreates | makima-s-most-smile | merylstryfestan | mydetheturk | namijira | needle-noggins | nepentheisms | nihil-ghost | ocelaw | pancake-breakfast | rainbow-pop-arts | retrodaft | revenantghost | sunday-12-25 | the-nysh | weirdcat1213
Original Tumblr Post: Chapter 7-9
Ugh, too sleepy. Almost done with manga. Can’t fall behind now….
Stream-of-consciousness thoughts for TriMax Vol. 13, Chapters 7-9 below.
Chapter 7: Catch-As-Catch-Can
- Yeah, don’t overdo exercise training, kids. Not only is passing out DEFINITELY not good for you, but you can get seriously injured even if you have a spotter. Even if you only get a minor injury, it can put your training back weeks or months.
- Awww, Livio looks so young here! Look at his short, floofy hair! I hope he grows it out a bit again. Maybe not quite like he had it before, but yeah.
- Do people actually do finger push-ups, or is that just something for badasses in animation and comics?
- Training montage!
- Aw, man! He got to wear a Wolfwood outfit? I feel robbed.
- Ah, she’s doing that thing again. I think.
- Oh, what? Elendira’s finishing move is a really big nail? Lame.
- She’s really putting lot into all this, though, isn’t she? She looks a bit rough.
- Oh, shoot. It’s the nuke.
- She senses something. I WONDER WHAT.
- Yeah, it was Livio.
- I like his simple mentality here. Very straightforward.
- NO! No one’s allowed to drink vials anymore! NO MORE VIALS!!!
- Him? Wolfwood??
Chapter 8: Tipped Wings
- TBH I don’t know how the hell Livio won this fight. Assuming he technically won at this point.
- Heh. Yeah. “Him” was Wolfwood. But of course Livio knows him as Nicholas.
- Aaaaand we’re back to my favorite wet cat, Legato Bluesummers.
- How does he know Elendira has been defeated? Did he have a little feeler in her? Was he skimming her brain kinda like when he had a little mind convo with Vash?
- Dude. I thought you wanted to win this. You guys can’t both die to each other in this fight. I will genuinely be annoyed if that happens.
- Guernica? You mean the flail thing? That thing had a name???
- Heh. I appreciate Legato calling Vash a force of nature here. After all, he is the Humanoid Typhoon.
- Awww, look at baby Legato raiding the leftovers from July. Also, hasn’t it been like 25 years since July? Just how old is Legato??
- Ohhhhh, this is where Stampede got his character design. Like, yeah, they straightened his hair, but I recognize that short little jacket.
- Welp, Knives has seen better days. Actually, this is a lovely turn on the way Rem is often paneled with Vash. Instead of a small Vash and a dominating, hopeful figure of Rem, we have a small Legato with a very, very broken Knives dominating the upper third of the panel.
- Yes, because the thing Legato needs is another reason to have a psychotic break.
- Geez, he’s just… scooping up Knives’ guts to try and… what, shove them back in? Carry them with them?
- He’s soooo sad, too.
- Knives. What. The. Fuck. Just let the boy cry, idiot. He adores you. Also, talking while you’re half corpsified is creepy. Cut it out.
- Aww, Vash is still trying to save him. Gods, I wish Vash had found him instead.
- Goodbye, weird machine gun doll flail thing. We barely knew thee.
- Oh, dang. Legato got the jump on Vash.
Chapter 9: VS
- I have no idea what’s going on here. At least it led to weird, dramatic Legato pose?
- Legato, no. This is not how it should be. This is not how anything should be.
- Mmm, Wolfwood memories.
- Vash is right. This isn’t a fight anymore. But I think Legato knows that.
- Oh, would you look at that. Thanks, literally the first panel on the next page.
- Ok, but did Nightow have to draw his fingers this sexy here??
- Legato’s trying, but he’s not getting through Vash’s defenses.
- Huh. Interesting that the Earth Fleet guy with his vastly broader knowledge of Plants would state Vash is a rarity. I like that all his sisters seem very fond of him, though.
- Chronica is bitter about Domina. It might have been a bit of a mistake for Knives to off her.
- Knives says this, but Chronica knows this, so… I wonder what she’s actually planning here.
- Wait, just who are they attaching a cable to??
- Of course Milly and Meryl would have Vash’s back.
- Hahahaha, this really highlights the contrast between the two characters.
- Love and peace, yo.
- Gods, Legato just keeps coming at Vash. He’s getting ripped apart by Vash’s defenses, but he just keeps at it.
- What? Vash? What are you doing?? You… you need that box, don’t you???
- Ohhh, they’re doing shonen battle showdown pose. It’s on now.
- Aw, dammit. I guess it’s on in the next (and final!) volume.