I can’t get my head around why Farouk would care that David is full of hatred. I can see him wanting to own David, and technically he still does because David is fucking obsessed with him. But what I’m getting as the moral of this story is “you can’t be a good person if you’re consumed with hatred” why the fuck would Farouk care if David is a good person. He spent so much time telling him that nothing matters except his own godhood.
I actually like the season 2 finale from a purely dramatic standpoint, but the characters & relationships could have been salvaged if it was acknowledged that
- (Writing-wise, there wasn’t much setup for David’s “descent into madness” therefore)
- The suspicion and accusation of David was unfounded and unfair
- Syd made a mistake
- David made a gigantic fucking mistake you should feel bad dude we know you’re better than this
- Farouk absolutely steered Syd into causing David’s mental breakdown because that’s the sort of thing he fucking loves to do
- Yeah let’s not pretend that guy has good intentions
David Haller + Text Posts (8/?)
This gifset was voted for by you guys! Thank you guys so much and I hope you enjoy (:
CHAPTER THREE. You know, my doctor used to say, that the word “monster” is not a noun, that to be a monster, you’ve first got to do something monstrous.